, abbreviation: dm)
A metric unit of length, equal to one tenth of a metre.
More example sentences
- The internationally recognized abbreviation of the meter is m. Meters are divided up into smaller units so a decimeter is one tenth of a meter, a centimeter is one hundredth of a meter, and a millimeter is one thousandth of a meter.
- It is at a distance of 12,841,348, 284,623 metres and 7 decimetres that this planet describes its orbit round the sun in 572 years, 194 days, 12 hours, 43 minutes, 9.8 seconds.
- Thus, water reaching the playa continues across it towards the lowest point, and flows in this direction persist long enough to erode and maintain channels that are metres in width and decimetres deep.
- More example sentences
- In the quartzites, foliation of any type is usually lacking; in just a few cases can a centimetric - to decimetric spaced partition cleavage be observed.
More definitions of decimetreDefinition of decimetre in:
- The US English dictionary