- The rough uncut edge of a sheet of paper, formed by a deckle.More example sentences
- Likewise, a popular option in Eicher's Photography is to frame three 10-by 10-inch images in a slim frame, using a 2-inch-wide mat with a deckle edge.
- Paper pulp and dark colours, the steam iron and the sponge, Indian ink and the deckle edge: these have served her well.
- It is hoped that the author's creation will ultimately be wrapped in the appropriate robes of ritual: A stiff hardcover binding with a glossy dust jacket, acid-free paper, perhaps a colophon page, with extra points for deckle edge.
- More example sentences
- The deckle-edged artwork is blind embossed with a Disney Seal of Authenticity and is available both raw and framed.
- There is also a small bag which might be a flour sprinkler; a jug; a ladle, perhaps for water; and an unmistakable wavy-rimmed pastry cutting wheel such as is used for making deckle-edged lasagne.
- The first group consists of family snapshots from the first half of the last century, little deckle-edged album pictures of the kind most people have stuffed into an envelope or shoe box at the back of a drawer.
More definitions of deckle edgeDefinition of deckle edge in:
- The US English dictionary