- Remove the claws from (an animal, typically a cat).More example sentences
- A better vet later gently declawed this poor cat and her life was better for it.
- Of course, declawed cats should be indoor-only pets and you should be very careful mixing them with cats that still have their claws.
- I've always been horrified by the idea of declawing a cat (even a housecat), but if she doesn't take a shine to the kid, it could get nasty.
More definitions of declawDefinition of declaw in:
- The US English dictionary