Definition of decolorize in English:
Remove the colour from: ethane decolorizes bromine water
More example sentences
- Indirect IS-PCR was carried out for the same patients to detect the HPV DNA types 6/11 and 16/18 after the PAP-stained smears had been decolorized.
- Cytologic smears containing granulomas can be decolorized after initial examination and restained with AFB stain for mycobacteria and silver stain for fungal elements.
- The slide was then washed with tap water, decolorized with 0.5% HCl-alcohol (TB Decolorizer F, BBL Microbiology Systems), and washed again with tap water.
- Example sentences
- But the rate of the reaction, after decolorisation varies greatly.
- A number of reports discourage the azo dye decolorisation by microorganism under anaerobic conditions as it leads to the formation of corresponding aromatic amines.
- The ability to degrade azo dyes varied between lignin peroxidase isoenzymes and optimum pH for decolorization differed between dyes.
Definition of decolorize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan