Having lost fitness or muscle tone, especially through lack of exercise: deconditioned muscles
More example sentences
- These suggested effects, if proved, might confirm the importance of pulmonary rehabilitation programs including exercise training in these deconditioned COPD patients.
- The challenge for the person with FMS is in the gradual approach to exercise. Doing too much, too soon can hurt deconditioned muscles.
- The bottom line is that health clubs have not done a good job of bringing the deconditioned population into a fitness facility.
- More example sentences
- According to Terry Givens, who helped design fitness courses for the United States Air Force Academy, as we age, our tissues decondition.
Definition of deconditioned in:
- The US English dictionary