verb[with object] Military
Reduce the risk of collision between (aircraft, airborne weaponry, etc.) in an area by coordinating their movements.
More example sentences
- No longer satisfied merely to deconflict the activities of the several services, we now seek joint interdependence.
- The platoon deconflicts airspace during flight in the air traffic control chat room.
- The FCB is responsible for coordinating, integrating, and deconflicting the efforts of all components within the functional area.
- More example sentences
- There is a finite amount of time you can spend on other flight-related tasks without verifying flight-path deconfliction between your aircraft and the ground or other aircraft.
- The various airspaces required by the heavy-lift vehicle, the delivery vehicles, and the airdrop cargo itself all require deconfliction with other airspace users.
- The main purposes were FP, information vetting and sharing, joint targeting in support of operations, and source deconfliction.
Definition of deconflict in:
- The US English dictionary