Definition of decontaminate in English:
Neutralize or remove dangerous substances, radioactivity, or germs from (an area, object, or person): they tried to decontaminate nearby villages
More example sentences
- The emergency services sealed off the area and decontaminated the affected staff.
- The box and the depot area were decontaminated and the powder removed for testing.
- Staff at Broomfield Hospital's accident and emergency department are being given special training on how to decontaminate victims of any biological, chemical, radioactive or nuclear incident.
- Example sentences
- If decontamination were not possible, these areas would have to be abandoned for decades because of health risks, he said.
- It also recommends the MOD undertakes a full decontamination of the site before it is released.
- The trials show the importance of infection control in ambulances and that VHP is a highly effective product for decontamination.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan