Definition of deconvolution in English:
1.1 Mathematics The resolution of a convolution function into the functions from which it was formed in order to separate their effects.
- In those experiments Fourier deconvolution was used to calculate the spatial function, but that approach is not applicable for a sample containing multiple radical species.
- In general, deconvolution decreases the exponential formation time by 0.07 + or - 0.02 ps.
- Mathematical procedures, such as Fourier deconvolution and derivation, have been developed to circumvent this problem.
1.2 (also deconvolution analysis) The improvement of resolution of images or other data by a mathematical algorithm designed to separate the information from artefacts which result from the method of collecting it.
- The raw data in and after imaging was subjected to linear deconvolution to mathematically slightly enhance the resolution.
- He reported that deconvolution of the high-resolution images was going well, and showed a pretty red-green-blue image with a noticeably brown tinge to it.
- The resolution of this image was computationally enhanced by deconvolution.
Definition of deconvolution in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan