- 1The removal of the outer layer or cortex from a structure, especially the kidney, brain, or other organ.More example sentences
- The procedure is known as a decortication, and will require general anesthesia.
- 1.1 Medicine The operation of removing fibrous scar tissue that prevents expansion of the lung.More example sentences
- Four of these patients underwent thoracotomy with decortication, but only one substantially improved.
- He underwent a thoracotomy and open decortication and was discharged to home 5 days later.
- In many centres video assisted thoracoscopic surgery is used routinely to accomplish decortication.
More definitions of decorticationDefinition of decortication in:
- The US English dictionary