- Cease to treat (something) as illegal or as a criminal offence: a battle to decriminalize cannabisMore example sentences
- What is clear from this brief examination is that the decision to criminalise or decriminalise particular activities, whether by judicial decision or legislation, is far from straightforward.
- This measure formally decriminalized the use of illegal drugs.
- Federal and local governments are liberalizing drug laws, decriminalizing marijuana and allowing safe-injection centers to open in Vancouver.
- More example sentences
- But the committee, chaired by Labour MP Chris Mullin, firmly ruled out legalisation or decriminalisation of illegal drugs and said it was a step into the unknown.
- He does not, so far as we know, support decriminalization of drugs.
- The Committee recommends decriminalization of prostitution.
More definitions of decriminalizeDefinition of decriminalize in:
- The US English dictionary