- The radial distance from the pitch circle of a cogwheel or wormwheel to the bottom of the tooth space or groove. Compare with addendum.More example sentences
- Gears have addendums and dedendums that are the amount of tooth above and below the pitch line.
- You do need a hob drawing which would have the addendum equal to the dedendum of the gear you are cutting.
- The dedendum of the spur gear must be greater than the addendum of the lantern gear to prevent interference.
early 20th century: from Latin, 'thing that can be surrendered', neuter gerundive of dedere.
More definitions of dedendumDefinition of dedendum in:
- The US English dictionary