- The action of breathing deeply, especially as a method of relaxation: calm your nerves by deep breathing [as modifier]: he started to do deep-breathing exercisesMore example sentences
- She began listening to relaxation tapes on a daily basis and doing deep-breathing exercises to reduce feelings of stress.
- Practice deep-breathing exercises, visualize a relaxing scene, or repeat a calming word or phrase to yourself, such as ‘take it easy.’
- Engage in stress-relieving activities, like walking, talking to others, or using deep-breathing exercises;
More definitions of deep breathingDefinition of deep breathing in:
- The US English dictionary