verb[with object] (often as adjective deep-fried)
- Fry (food) in an amount of fat or oil sufficient to cover it completely: deep-fried scampiMore example sentences
- When cooking deep-fried food, dry it before you put it in the hot oil.
- Fritters are generally eaten immediately after cooking, as, like all deep-fried foods, they taste best hot and fresh.
- Melons should not be eaten with heavy foods like cheese, deep-fried foods or the heavier grains.
More definitions of deep-fryDefinition of deep-fry in:
- The US English dictionary