- 1A state of mourning, conventionally expressed by wearing only black clothing.More example sentences
- The villages of Killawalla, Ballintubber, Carnacon and surrounding communities are in deep mourning after the tragic death of Aisling McGing, Kinuary, who passed away following a fatal motor accident on Saturday evening last.
- Norman will mark - not celebrate - the VE anniversary with sadness, with memories of dead comrades and the loss of Isobel - ‘I am still in deep mourning, she was a wonderful person.’
- Meanwhile, thousands of miles away Israel was in deep mourning for the loss not just of the country's first man in space but also a former war hero who had briefly brought happiness to a country racked by strife.
More definitions of deep mourningDefinition of deep mourning in:
- The US English dictionary