noun[usually as modifier]
- The deeper parts of the ocean, especially those beyond the edge of the continental shelf: deep-sea divingMore example sentences
- On the coast, popular water sports include sailing, skin diving, and deep-sea fishing.
- Exciting untapped resources are the deep-sea vents occurring along ocean ridges, such as the East Pacific Rise and the Galapagos Rift.
- The deep-sea species inhabit the ocean shelf around 100 miles off the north-west coast of Scotland.
More definitions of deep seaDefinition of deep sea in:
- The US English dictionary