- 1Embedded or positioned firmly or deeply: the young man had deep-set eyesMore example sentences
- She feels deeply (as shown by her deep-set eyes) but her refined mouth is a sign that she is able to express her feelings, which minimizes her stress.
- Cassara looked up and saw a lumpy-faced Bantowan staring at her with deep-set black eyes.
- He was extraordinary tall and broad of shoulder; his complexion was swarthy, and fierce black eyes glittered from deep-set sockets in his dark face.
- 2Long-established and profound: the deep-set interrelations between religion and politicsMore example sentences
- The company has been embroiled in internal disputes for years, and its troubles have included fiscal problems, various legal actions and deep-set rifts between executives, directors and members.
- What if he fails on his dates with Sara because of deep-set insecurities or personality flaws?
- Amanda nodded and smiled with a deep-set satisfaction.
More definitions of deep-setDefinition of deep-set in:
- The US English dictionary