- 1Far down or in: he breathed deeplyMore example sentences
- He had been nervous at the start, rocking on his heels and breathing deeply before going on.
- It is startling to realise how deeply the monarchy is embedded in the nation.
- He breathes in deeply, then starts sobbing and leaves the room to be comforted by his wife and lawyer.
- 2Intensely: Richard felt her loss very deeply [as submodifier]: she was deeply hurtMore example sentences
greatly, enormously, extremely, very much, to a great extent/degree; strongly, powerfully, profoundly, intensely, keenly, sharply, acutely; thoroughly, completely, entirely; severely, awfully, terribly, painfully, desperatelyNorth American • informal mighty, plumb
- This has hurt me deeply, and I will do my best to be more thoughtful and articulate in the future.
- It is only now he can reflect light-heartedly on an experience that hurt him deeply.
- Kaerin grimaced at the sight of her like that, obviously what he had said had hurt her deeply.