- A mainly nocturnal mouse found in a wide range of habitats in North and Central America.
More example sentences
- Genus Peromyscus, family Muridae: numerous species
- Some rodents, especially the deer mouse, rice rat, white-footed mouse and cotton rat, may carry hantaviruses.
- To see if this was a general trend of laboratory domestication or was something specific to the house mouse, she investigated a second species, the deer mouse.
- In half of the 20 trials, a yellow pine chipmunk was the initial cacher and in half a deer mouse was the initial cacher.
More definitions of deer mouseDefinition of deer mouse in:
- The US English dictionary