- In this story, the first sago came from inside a man's body who defecated and the sago fell to the ground and became a sago palm.
- Drinking warm liquids in the morning is particularly helpful to stimulate bowel activity because your body naturally wants to defecate about a half hour after consuming a warm beverage.
- It is a sad indictment of our times that in the twenty-first century, people in the developing world cannot access safe water and are filling bowls from streams, queuing at village pumps and defecating in ‘free range’ toilets.
- Example sentences
- We've had to put up with acts of vandalism, urinating, defecators and damage to cars and property.
- Community-level studies also combine seed regurgitators and seed defecators, for whom costs of seed ingestion are likely to be quite different.
- In some cases it was not possible to record individual defecator information, and instead after the study group vacated an area, the area was searched for fresh fecal samples.
- Example sentences
- Then there's the words relating to bodily functions, be that copulatory or defecatory.
- As many as 6-10% of all women experience new defecatory symptoms postpartum, and anywhere between 13% and 20% experience loss of control of flatus.
- Degenerative neuromuscular disorders which affect the defecatory process are extremely difficult to treat and in some instances a colostomy is the only socially acceptable intervention.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'clear of dregs, purify'): from Latin defaecat- 'cleared of dregs', from the verb defaecare, from de- (expressing removal) + faex, faec- 'dregs'. The current sense dates from the mid 19th century.
This originally meant ‘clear of dregs, purify’ from Latin defaecare, formed from de- (expressing removal) and faex, faec- ‘dregs’. The current sense dates from the mid 19th century.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.