- Either of the two defensive players positioned at the end of the line of the scrimmage.More example sentences
- In its basic formation, the defense crowds the line of scrimmage with six players: a nose tackle, two defensive ends, two linebackers and a rush end.
- Premier cornerbacks and defensive ends are too valuable to cut loose, even when injuries are a concern.
- Even there, however, some players - usually defensive ends - get the chance to show off their ability to mash an opponent.
More definitions of defensive endDefinition of defensive end in:
- The US English dictionary