Definition of deferred payment in English:
1Temporary postponement of the payment of an outstanding bill or debt, usually involving repayment by instalments.
- The main attraction of using credit cards revolves around the idea of deferred payment.
- This approach to the fees, which include a moratorium and deferred payment, is realistic given the current economic climate.
- The company's expenses for the second quarter reflect a $250,000 purse expense reduction as a result of the deferred payment of some outstanding loans.
1.1 [count noun] A sum of money paid under a deferred payment arrangement.
- Defence costs, excluding deferred payments at 48.1 billion rupees in 1999, were lower than the 51 billion rupees in 1998.
- His deferred payments over the years amounted to loans to the New York Stock Exchange for which he could reasonably assume to be compensated.
- It could include players accepting a deferred payment of part of their salaries.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan