- Government spending, in excess of revenue, of funds raised by borrowing rather than from taxation.More example sentences
- As in Chile, this massive redirection of funds from government deficit spending into private investment could raise U.S. economic growth to a new level altogether.
- The government finances its deficit spending by inflation.
- Growth requires new money that finances deficit spending by firms and consumers.
More definitions of deficit spendingDefinition of deficit spending in:
- The US English dictionary