- A noun phrase introduced by the definite article or its equivalent, and denoting a particular entity or phenomenon.More example sentences
- Russell's theory of descriptions concerns the meaning of definite descriptions such as ‘The Queen of England’ as they occur in a sentence such as ‘The Queen of England is wise’.
- In other words, Satan wasn't a definite description which referred to the one and only, but signified a role which any angel could occupy.
- Communities with no last names such as the Amish one seem to make more use of definite descriptions instead.
More definitions of definite descriptionDefinition of definite description in:
- The US English dictionary