- An integral expressed as the difference between the values of the integral at specified upper and lower limits of the independent variable.More example sentences
- He attended courses by Dirichlet on the theory of numbers, on potential theory, on definite integrals, and on partial differential equations.
- In Abel's third paper, Solutions of some problems by means of definite integrals he gave the first solution of an integral equation.
- His doctoral dissertation On definite integrals and functions with application in expansion of series was an early investigation of the theory of singular integral equations.
More definitions of definite integralDefinition of definite integral in:
- The US English dictionary