- 1A device that deflects something, in particular:More example sentences
- All householders receiving the channels via the deflectors from the Comeragh Mountains are asked to attend this important meeting.
- Don't forget you will need a GB sticker and headlight deflectors.
- The answer is simple - French beams merely go up and down without deflecting to one side. The French are similarly bemused as to why we stick beam deflectors on our cars!
- 1.1A plate or other attachment for deflecting a flow of air, water, heat, etc.: an underbody deflector to smooth airflow near the rear suspension [as modifier]: a metal deflector plate to stop the controls getting too hotMore example sentences
- The two-piece deflector plate must be attached using a minimum of four 5/16-inch Grade 8 bolts.
- There were more baffles, ducts, and brackets with metal deflectors to cool that engine than you could imagine.
- The power shower-approved products feature a patented system of magnets along their full-length hinges, and are fitted with integrated deflectors and a barrier bar at the base to prevent water from escaping.
- 1.2An electrode in a cathode ray tube whose magnetic field is used to deflect a beam of electrons on to a phosphor screen to form an image.More example sentences
- The physical dimensions and spacing of the electrodes are selected to compensate static distortion while the x and y deflectors compensate distortion.
More definitions of deflectorDefinition of deflector in:
- The US English dictionary