Definition of deforest in English:
Clear (an area) of forests or trees: 404,000 sq. km had been deforested
More example sentences
- They did not clear or deforest wide areas as they would have done if they had based their economy on a dry farming system.
- Thirteen Buddhist pagodas, 17 schools, and several villages are now planting those trees in an attempt to restore a severely deforested area.
- He said most of the land had been allocated to charcoal burners who had ended up deforesting the area.
- Example sentences
- She notes that overfishing, deforestation, and drought have impoverished some people.
- Deforesting the Earth tells the story of deforestation from the Ice Ages to the present.
- In addition, the pollution of air, water, soil and massive deforestation would affect areas beyond the valley.
Definition of deforest in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan