- 1The state or process of being or becoming degenerate; decline or deterioration: overgrazing has caused serious degeneration of grasslandMore example sentences
- How does he propose to fix the problem of moral degeneration and cultural decline?
- Uncontrolled and unplanned tourism has led to natural, cultural and social degeneration inside the so-called host nations.
- We are not dealing with merely a process of intellectual degeneration.
- 1.1 Medicine Deterioration and loss of function in the cells of a tissue or organ: degeneration of the muscle fibresMore example sentences
- It damages the nerve cells in the brain and causes degeneration, deterioration and gradual loss of function of areas of the brain.
- Histopathology shows degeneration of the smooth muscle with fibrosis.
- Radiation therapy for exudative macular degeneration has also been attempted.