- Make a gravy or sauce by adding liquid to the cooking juices and food particles in (a pan in which meat has been cooked): deglaze the pan with the white wineMore example sentences
- He says he made a little talapia with a tomatillo sauce, deglazed the pan with a little Mexican beer, hit it with some cilantro and and a little jalapeno in there.
- Use herb vinegar in salad dressings, marinades, or to deglaze pans.
- Take the excess oil out of the skillet and deglaze the pan with red wine.
late 19th century: from French déglacer.
More definitions of deglazeDefinition of deglaze in:
- The US English dictionary