- 1Treated or regarded with contempt or disrespect: she had felt cheap and degradedMore example sentences
- They make lots of city people look very degraded indeed.
- We take great delight in mocking her vanity, in snickering at her cluelessness, in seeing her degraded by public sex scandal.
- Whenever we are perpetrators or victims of oppression, we feel diminished, degraded, dehumanized.
- 1.1Reduced in quality; inferior: it will grow successfully even on degraded landMore example sentences
- In the Philippines, for instance, nearly a quarter of cropland is degraded.
- The pool will continue to function, possibly in a degraded state.
- By the mid- 1980 s, the land around Muynak was already degraded.