Definition of degressive in English:
1Reducing by gradual amounts.
- You repay the amount borrowed with a degressive repayment plan.
- If the barrel cannot be made very long, it is better to use a degressive propellant to achieve the maximum exit velocity in a limited distance.
- It must be degressive and be granted for no more than five years.
1.1(Of taxation) at successively lower rates on lower amounts.
- Recent flat tax proposals are more similar to a degressive flat tax than to a ‘true’ flat tax.
- But why not go a step further and improve incentives across the board by creating a degressive tax?
- A switch to a degressive system would be associated with a shift in tax burden from lower to upper and especially middle income families.
Definition of degressive in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan