Definition of deicide in English:
1.1 [mass noun] The killing of a god.
- Of course, priests have preached deicide from the pulpits, biblical commentaries have explained it, and pogroms were based upon it.
- Actually, it's a bit hazy on whether it was deicide or suicide.
- The Catholic Church officially disavowed the charge of deicide against the Jewish people only in 1965, nine years after my grandfather died, and two years after my First Communion.
- Example sentences
- For the writer, they are themselves murderers, guilty of ‘grave crimes and offenses,’ including the most dreadful crime of all: the deicidal immolation of the Son of God.
- However, to truly work in His image would be to create our own means of self alteration through taking on some kind of avatar or fictionsuit, rather than miss the point and go deicidal.
- However he does have a point about the Deicidal tendencies of materialist evolutionists.
Definition of deicide in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan