noun[in singular] British • informal
- A quick look or glance: come and have a dekko at thisMore example sentences
- For a more complete look at its features you can take a dekko here.
- For a dekko as to what the CD contains, it has recipes for chutneys, ‘tokkus’ and ‘pachadis’, curries and masalas, starters, raithas, gravies, rice items and rotis.
- All in all, worth a dekko… but not in a cinema hall.
late 19th century (originally used by the British army in India): from Hindi dekho 'look!', imperative of dekhnā.
More definitions of dekkoDefinition of dekko in:
- The US English dictionary