- The action or process of reducing the number of levels in the hierarchy of employees in an organization: downsizing and delayering have severely undermined staff loyaltyMore example sentences
- Amid downsizing and delayering, most employees face both fewer opportunities for promotion and little hope of escape to some new employer.
- At this level, delayering is accompanied by the need for self-supervision by work groups (sometimes called their empowerment).
- A comprehensive process of institutional delayering has to be kick-started.
- More example sentences
- Such organizations may be delayered internally, but they are not depowered either internally or externally.
- Although managerial hierarchies have been delayered organisational structures have not been fundamentally altered.
- Over the Eighties and Nineties, everyone else slimmed down the back offices, delayered, computerised, out sourced and reduced headcount.