noun (plural delegacies)[treated as singular or plural]
- A body of delegates; a committee or delegation.More example sentences
- Hopefully, under his leadership, the network and number of delegacies will expand and become still more active.
- The delegacy admired that Suzhou had made great efforts to the science prevalence in community and school.
- Vice-President Jiaan Cheng, and relevant professors, had a discussion and exchange with the delegacies.
late Middle English: from delegate, on the pattern of the pair prelate, prelacy.
More definitions of delegacyDefinition of delegacy in:
- The US English dictionary