- Other workers should organise delegations to council picket lines in every area.
- But there is no automatic right of Scottish representation in UK delegations.
- At the same time, each of the four delegations present includes Pashtun representation.
- It appears that the trustees' power of delegation cannot be excluded by the settler.
- There's no vote and no delegation of power to experts or a committee by the group.
- The Government was right to realise the need for more delegation of powers from Whitehall.
Early 17th century (denoting the action or process of delegating; also in the sense 'delegated power'): from Latin delegatio(n-), from delegare 'send on a commission' (see delegate).
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: dele|ga¦tion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.