Definition of delegitimize in English:
Withdraw legitimate status or authority from: the country has been delegitimized by the world community
More example sentences
- ‘We're moving away from more than five decades of efforts to delegitimize the use of nuclear weapons,’ he warned.
- In the end, it wasn't the musical subcultures that were delegitimized but Soviet authority.
- Prosecutors delegitimize this status by using it to extract plea bargains
- Example sentences
- But it's also another small step in the delegitimization of the very idea that the out-of-power party has the right to oppose the party in power.
- This sort of delegitimization of terrorism, I think, is courageous.
- The end of the Cold War, therefore, was less a ‘victory’ of one side over the other than a joint process of delegitimization, the dissolution of two separate political imaginaries.
Definition of delegitimize in:
- US English dictionary