- Causing harm or damage: divorce is assumed to have deleterious effects on childrenMore example sentences
- The world situation has had deleterious effects on a couple of international film festivals this week.
- And finally, it examines the deleterious effect that this might have on the performer and the people around them.
- I think, to that degree, it may have had a deleterious effect upon the medium since then.
- More example sentences
- Other Faiths have other tenets, and should be allowed to practice their religion as they see fit, always providing that practice does not deleteriously affect others.
- That is, as long as adventure travel doesn't deleteriously affect the sacred traditions of the region.
- If you inherit a disease from your grandmother and it is a disease that manifests itself in the third generation, you yourself will be deleteriously affected.
mid 17th century: via medieval Latin from Greek dēlētērios 'noxious' + -ous.