- 1Consciously and intentionally; on purpose: the fire was started deliberatelyMore example sentences
intentionally, on purpose, purposely, by design, knowingly, wittingly, consciously, purposefully; premeditatedly, calculatedly, in cold blood, wilfully, wantonly; with malice aforethoughtcarefully, unhurriedly, steadily, evenly, measuredly; cautiously, slowly, laboriously, ponderously
- The language of central banking is obscure, deliberately obscured, in my view.
- At times, they have been more or less deliberately constructed for public relations purposes.
- I'm not trying to be deliberately provocative here, by the way.
- 2In a careful and unhurried way: slowly and deliberately he rose from the armchairMore example sentences
- Slowly, deliberately maintaining eye contact with him, Beth drew one arm around Charlotte's waist.