- When he eventually opened the foil packet, the smell was amazing and the venison tasted delicious too.
- Learn how to tell when a custard is set, why eggs need to be relaxed before baking, and taste delicious results!
- They nearly always taste delicious and everyone seems to really like them.
- It would be a delicious irony if these actions now deem him to be unfit to sit on the council.
- Which would make that irony even more delicious.
- But then Nicole arrives looking simply delicious, and her voice is tolerable enough.
This comes from late Latin deliciosus, from Latin deliciae ‘delight, pleasure’. Luscious (Late Middle English) may be an alteration of delicious.
- Example sentences
- The ad acknowledged the individual deliciousness of peanut butter and chocolate while arguing the merits of a union between these ‘two great tastes.’
- Instead, religious missionaries continue to bring boring, sexless dogma to the rest of the world, while soda pop executives continue to bring crisp, refreshing deliciousness.
- This could be a story about madness, or about the illusions we adopt to make life livable, or simply about the deliciousness of doughnuts (which of course have a void in the middle).
Words that rhyme with deliciousadventitious, Aloysius, ambitious, auspicious, avaricious, capricious, conspicuous, expeditious, factitious, fictitious, flagitious, judicious, lubricious, malicious, Mauritius, meretricious, nutritious, officious, pernicious, propitious, repetitious, seditious, siliceous, superstitious, suppositious, surreptitious, suspicious, vicious
Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of delicious in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.