Giving a false or misleading impression: a delusive perception of opportunity for all
More example sentences
- Perceptions can be delusive, especially when core beliefs are at stake.
- Scientific truth is always paradox, if judged by everyday experience, which catches only the delusive nature of things.
- But we should be clear that we are doing so for reasons of justice and not in the delusive hope of greater security.
- Example sentences
- Rebecca was delusively believing that herself.
- The new constitution, instead of being the panacea for every grievance so delusively represented by its advocates will be found upon examination to be like Pandora's box.
- In this way, the homoeopathic remedy replaces the natural disease with a temporary remedial potence that delusively mimics the original malady.
Words that rhyme with delusiveabusive, allusive, collusive, conclusive, conducive, diffusive, effusive, elusive, exclusive, illusive, inclusive, intrusive, obtrusive, preclusive, reclusive, seclusive
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: de¦lu|sive
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.