- 1Set the boundaries or limits of: plots of land demarcated by barbed wireMore example sentences
- The first phase ran from 2000 to 2002 and entailed the establishment and stabilisation of municipalities along newly demarcated boundaries.
- Both countries agreed to hold more talks on demarcating their sea boundaries as early as next month.
- The troops are supposed to monitor the buffer zone while an international boundary commission demarcates the disputed 1 000 km.
- 1.1Separate or distinguish from: art was being demarcated from the more objective scienceMore example sentences
- The strength of the working class emerges the more it politically differentiates, separates and demarcates itself from the policies and programs of the bourgeoisie.
- Here we present a noninvasive method for precisely demarcating the hormonally distinct phases of the menstrual cycle.
- Computerized instruments are advertised as tools that break down the barriers separating previously demarcated musical tasks.
early 19th century: back-formation from demarcation.