verb (demassifies, demassifying, demassified)[with object]
- Divide or break up (a social or political unit) into its component parts: computerized forces of production demassify organizationsMore example sentences
- At the same time, conventional war is generally regarded as oriented toward smaller, more professional, and high-tech forces fighting in ‘demassified’ conflicts.
- It is somewhat contradictory to expect demassified media to have anything to do with the mainstream opinion.
- This statement espouses the mass society concept, whereas we now live in the demassified society.
- More example sentences
- In doing so he lays out a rigid binary opposition in which all that will remain after demassification will be his version of free-market capitalism.
- Everything that is happening is simply the further demassification of the ‘mass’ media.
- Magazines, from their contribution to nationhood to demassification after the advent of television.
More definitions of demassifyDefinition of demassify in:
- The US English dictionary