Definition of demassify in English:
verb (demassifies, demassifying, demassified)[with object]
Divide or break up (a social or political unit) into its component parts: computerized forces of production demassify organizations
More example sentences
- At the same time, conventional war is generally regarded as oriented toward smaller, more professional, and high-tech forces fighting in ‘demassified’ conflicts.
- It is somewhat contradictory to expect demassified media to have anything to do with the mainstream opinion.
- This statement espouses the mass society concept, whereas we now live in the demassified society.
- Example sentences
- In doing so he lays out a rigid binary opposition in which all that will remain after demassification will be his version of free-market capitalism.
- Everything that is happening is simply the further demassification of the ‘mass’ media.
- Magazines, from their contribution to nationhood to demassification after the advent of television.
Definition of demassify in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia