- Causing someone to lose their dignity and the respect of others: the poster was not demeaning to womenMore example sentences
- They are going to introduce fair benefits for asylum seekers to replace what they call the demeaning voucher system.
- The word was used twice in a demeaning manner.
- At least we no longer have to listen to her demeaning comments.
- More example sentences
- He ducked a blow from the assassin, tripped him demeaningly with his lead leg and rose just in time to spin away and greet the accomplice with a bruising set of shots to the ribcage.
- He grinned demeaningly at her, slowly coming closer.