Definition of demeaning in English:
Causing someone to lose their dignity and the respect of others: the poster was not demeaning to women
More example sentences
- They are going to introduce fair benefits for asylum seekers to replace what they call the demeaning voucher system.
- The word was used twice in a demeaning manner.
- At least we no longer have to listen to her demeaning comments.
- Example sentences
- He ducked a blow from the assassin, tripped him demeaningly with his lead leg and rose just in time to spin away and greet the accomplice with a bruising set of shots to the ribcage.
- He grinned demeaningly at her, slowly coming closer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan