1 (also demerara sugar) British Light brown cane sugar coming originally and chiefly from Guyana.
- Cream together the unsalted butter and demerara sugar until light and fluffy.
- He suggested toasted oats and hazelnuts, sultanas, raspberries, apple or orange juice, grated apple and a tablespoon of honey or demerara sugar, with natural yoghurt to bind it all.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter and demerara sugar together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2 (also demerara rum) A dark rum fermented from molasses, made in Guyana.
- Strain into a highball filled with ice and gently float the Demerara rum over the top - this will give it a strong nose and taste at the first sip.
- Anyway, today I picked up some Passion fruit juice so I could make the Demerara cocktail.
Mid 19th century: named after the region of Demerara.
Words that rhyme with Demeraraairer, bearer, carer, Clara, darer, declarer, Éire, habanera, Halmahera, parer, Perak, primavera, repairer, Rivera, Riviera, Sarah, scarer, sharer, snarer, sparer, squarer, starer, swearer, tearer, wearer
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.