- A rich, glossy brown sauce from which the liquid has been partly evaporated, typically flavoured with wine and served with meat: [as modifier]: lamb chop with demi-glace sauceMore example sentences
- Add demi-glace, wine, truffle juice, bay leaves, thyme and parsley; reduce by half.
- No longer a ‘basic sauce’, the demi-glace is now considered to be a relic of an archaic form of cookery referred to respectfully as cuisine classique but no longer practised.
- Put half the segments, chopped, into a small heavy bottom pan with white wine and the orange jus and reduce to a demi-glaze consistency.
French, literally 'half glaze'.
More definitions of demi-glaceDefinition of demi-glace in:
- The US English dictionary