verb[with object] (usually as adjective demilitarized)
- Remove all military forces from (an area): a demilitarized zoneMore example sentences
- ‘We seek a region in which demilitarized zones and missile batteries no longer separate people with a common heritage, and a common future,’ he added.
- In military terms the 16,000-square-mile demilitarised zone is a vital strategic area where the rebels have been able to recruit, train and resupply.
- Selling demilitarized missiles however is acceptable, an spokesman said.
- More example sentences
- The looming prospect of war has given an upcoming conference on disarmament and demilitarisation a heightened sense of urgency.
- He said the sensitive issues of disarmament and demilitarization in the battle zone would be discussed Tuesday as part of the issues related to the resettlement.
- ‘It means working for universal demilitarisation and nuclear disarmament,’ he said.
More definitions of demilitarizeDefinition of demilitarize in:
- The US English dictionary