Definition of demist in English:
verb[with object] British
Clear condensation from (a vehicle’s windscreen): (as adjective demisting) the cabin should be fitted with demisting equipment
More example sentences
- Its problem is that the heater system is inadequate to demist the front windscreen.
- ‘We had to provide equipment to demist it, otherwise you'd only have seen them through Scotch mist,’ Masters said.
- All the windows on the car are glass (including the rear) and they all feature ‘invisible’ heating elements to promote rapid demisting and defrosting.
- Example sentences
- This deals with the heavier demands placed on a car in winter conditions, as cold starts plus increased use of heater systems, headlights and rear demisters all take their toll.
- This car comes standard with air conditioner, power steering, central locking, electric windows, electric side mirrors, rear wiper and demister, cupholders and remote bootlid and fuel flap release.
- The demisters stopped working and it was real heavy rain and I couldn't see anything.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.