Definition of demolition in English:
1The action or process of demolishing or being demolished: the monument was saved from demolition
More example sentences
- Although the first phase of construction was declared complete, demolitions and razing continue around it.
- With demolitions complete and piling under way, work is progressing on site to create the UK's highest living space.
- ‘The scheme is on schedule and demolitions are almost complete,’ insisted Smith.
1.1 informal An overwhelming defeat: Ireland’s demolition of England
- Example sentences
- After 1953, the only signs of life at the Clarkdale smelter were the demolitionists responsible for toppling the two smokestacks dominating the local skyline in the 1960s.
- Siege is a team-based game type where players all choose a class of character (heavy weapons, demolitionist, Jedi, etc.) to play in an objective-based map.
- Lissy was already a marine biologist and Peter was a special force demolitionist.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan