Definition of demolition in English:
1The action or process of demolishing or being demolished: the monument was saved from demolition
More example sentences
- Although the first phase of construction was declared complete, demolitions and razing continue around it.
- With demolitions complete and piling under way, work is progressing on site to create the UK's highest living space.
- ‘The scheme is on schedule and demolitions are almost complete,’ insisted Smith.
1.1 informal An overwhelming defeat: Ireland’s demolition of England
- demolitionist noun
- Example sentences
- After 1953, the only signs of life at the Clarkdale smelter were the demolitionists responsible for toppling the two smokestacks dominating the local skyline in the 1960s.
- Siege is a team-based game type where players all choose a class of character (heavy weapons, demolitionist, Jedi, etc.) to play in an objective-based map.
- Lissy was already a marine biologist and Peter was a special force demolitionist.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.