- A competition in which cars are driven into each other until only one car is left running.More example sentences
- The race was twice delayed by safety cars after initial laps that resembled more a demolition derby than a Grand Prix.
- The third and final race turned out to be more like a demolition derby.
- The demolition derby put a fitting end to the night's classic carnage as the old cars from both classes fought each other to a standstill.
More definitions of demolition derbyDefinition of demolition derby in:
- The US English dictionary