- 1Relating to or characteristic of demons or evil spirits: demonic possession her laughter was demonicMore example sentences
- Was there some evil demonic being looking to recruit unsuspecting people for a diabolical plan?
- It was my first experience of being addressed by a demonic spirit through someone else's lips.
- I could now distinguish the difference between human evil and demonic evil it seemed.
- 1.1Fiercely energetic or frenzied: a demonic hurryMore example sentences
- Six inches away from them was another pair of eyes, a wild, staring, demonic pair of eyes.
- She remembered being furious with the demonic Keytako, and that's when she blacked out.
- It was the Grim Reaper, but he was not as wild or demonic as she had once fancied him to be.
- More example sentences
- Several images show Baker glaring out demonically.
- We saw one old woman climbing a date palm barefoot, knife between her teeth, and she laughed demonically at our clear astonishment.
- In the mirror above his bed, a long, reptilian face with a set of branching antlers and short, scruffy whiskers cackled demonically, eyes glowing like twin red suns.
mid 17th century: via late Latin from Greek daimonikos, from daimōn (see demon1).